Hire this venue for your own event - it has eight
the largest of which
can hold a maximum of 500 guests and the smallest is ideal for 12.
Originally established in 1894 as the Deptford Fund, The Albany has a long history of entertaining within the Deptford community. But it was in the early 1970s that the theatre in its current guise really got going when a fringe theatre group set up home here under the direction of Paul Curno. The community work and performing arts programme set up then still runs in much the same way at The Albany today. Following a fire and the destruction of the old Albany Empire in the 1970s Prince Charles laid the foundation stone in Douglas Way for a purpose built centre. The new Albany was officially opened by its new patron, Diana, Princess of Wales in 1982 and, thanks to improvements in 2001 by the Art of Regeneration, a project run by the education department of the Royal National Theatre, continues to thrive today.