The Wimbledon Windmill Museum is, appropriately, housed in a windmill. Although the building was constructed in 1817 it was only used as such until 1864. Now the sails have been restored and the museum reveals the history of windmills and windmilling, and farming using pictures, models, tools and machinery of the trade, with hands-on milling for children. The museum also has a display of Scouting memorabilia, and a plaque outside commemorating Robert Baden-Powell who wrote part of 'Scouting for Boys' in the Mill House in 1908. The windmill is in the centre of Wimbledon Common comprising 1,100 acres of heath and woodland.