A once derelict site in the Docklands is now home to a thriving creative community; visitors to Trinity Buoy Wharf find a welcoming mix of cafes, performance and exhibition spaces, workshops, studios, The Faraday Project, and London's only lighthouse - where Jem Finer's sound installation 'The Long Player' will play until 2999. The wharf - which gets its name from its former role as the place where all buoys and markers for the English coast were made and repaired - has exchanged buoyancy aids for container ships offering affordable housing and offices for the English National Opera, University of East London, and The Prince's Drawing School as well as independent artists, musicians, fashion designers and photographers. Highlights of a visit include 1940s food joint, Fatboys Diner, and The Faraday Project, arguably London's smallest museum. Dedicated to the life and work of Victorian scientist Michael Faraday, the museum tells the story of the man who experimented with electric lighting in 1863 and whose workshop adjoined the lighthouse. Best to arrive by river, taking the designated boat service from The O2 QEII Pier to Trinity Buoy Wharf Jubilee Pier.